January 21, 2007
I thought you might like an update on my China Baby! :o) Please know how very much I appreciate your willingness and faithfulness to help me pray about all of this!!! AND I DON’T WANT YOU TO ALWAYS BE PRAYING FOR ME!!!! I WANT TO PRAY FOR YOU, TOO!!!! SO…. Please let me know how I can be praying for you! :o)
I have had two visits with my Social Worker, Beverley Lewin. The first meeting was in Terrell and lasted a little over two hours. Beverley asked me all kinds of personal questions about my childhood all the way to dating, and I was exhausted and worried that she would see how imperfect I am and close this process down. But God allowed her to see what He wanted her to see, and the process has continued! Praise the Lord! My friend Amy from Colleyville met Beverley and me towards the end of our visit. I was glad to have Amy there to talk to after Beverley left! :o)
My second visit with Beverley was this past Thursday in Mesquite. My friend Betty had already agreed to ride with me to keep me company, and I am so thankful God had that arranged. I was hit with a horrible migraine Wednesday night and Thursday. I knew I couldn’t cancel the meeting! God helped me get out of bed, get dressed (I had missed work Thursday) and Betty drove. I couldn’t take any more migraine medicine until 6:00 p.m., which was the time for me to meet Beverley, but she got stuck in traffic and arrived around 7:30 p.m., after the medicine had started working. Thank the Lord!!!! This meeting was more relaxed, and I believe it went well!
My next meeting with Beverley is on January 30th in Dallas somewhere. And then on February 10th, she comes to my home. I do thank you for praying for all of these meetings!!!! God has truly been doing some amazing things through all of this, and I am so thankful for all He has done!
Outside of the meetings, I have spent HOURS at all times of the day and night trying to prepare all of my documents to go to China – my DOSSIER! OH MY WORD!!!! This has been an unreal amount of running errands and typing and gathering and downloading info from the adoption agency, CCAI. But how wonderful all of this will be when I meet my Sweet Angel one day! I only have a few more things to finish before I send everything to the Secretary of the State of Texas to be CERTIFIED. Then it all has to be sent to Houston to be AUTHENTICATED by the Chinese Consulate. While that is being done, I am waiting on the United States Immigration office to send me the “I-171H” which is when we get to shout “Hallelujah” really loud because I will officially be approved by the U.S. to adopt in China. After I get that document, everything goes to CCAI in Colorado to be translated into Chinese, and then my Dossier is on to CHINA!! AND ALL OF THIS HAS TO BE DONE BY THE END OF MARCH!!!!!! (China is closing the door to singles on May 1st, so my Dossier has to be in China way before then.) PLEASE PRAY!!!!!!!!
I’m nearing the place where everything is literally out of my hands and totally dependent on others to do their part of the process. I should say TOTALLY DEPENDENT ON GOD TO GET ALL OF THIS COMPLETED IN TIME!! I must admit I’ve been so focused on getting all of this paperwork together that I have had to ask God to forgive me for not spending more time with Him. I am excited about getting to this place of staying on my face, at His feet, and watching Him perform miracles that ONLY He can do!
I am so very thankful for your love and prayers! I’m glad that I can share this with you! I can’t wait for Sweet Angel to meet you and know you helped to pray for her!!
Much love to each of you!
Gwen
No comments:
Post a Comment