My First Picture

My First Picture
Gillian Suzanne DiBao

Saturday, July 30, 2011

Sweet Angel Email # 10

December 2, 2007

Hello Everyone!!! :o)

I pray you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving! We are all so very blessed by Father God, and I especially thank Him for each of you!

It was a year ago this month that I was approved by Chinese Children Adoptions International (CCAI) to begin this adoption journey! This month, December 5th, also marks the 8th month since my dossier arrived in China! WOW! What a year it has been!!!! When I look at it like this, time seems to have gone by quickly.

I receive a newsletter from CCAI each month, and it gives general information to all of the waiting families. The November newsletter was a little discouraging. The founders of CCAI, Josh and Lily, included a letter to help explain why the wait time continues to increase. We already knew that the orphanages were backlogged in paperwork. There are many babies, but not enough workers to get the paperwork done. Now I am learning that I am one of 30,000 dossiers waiting to be reviewed by China for a baby. When China decided to change their adoption laws beginning last May, there was a massive influx of dossiers in April – which is my Log In month. The current wait time for a baby with no known health conditions is 24 months, which means it may be April of 2009 before China ever gets to my dossier. Josh and Lily have assured us that China will honor their agreements and that we will get our babies, if we are willing to wait. Some families may choose to go another direction and remove their dossier. This could move my dossier up. Anything is possible with God! I was telling friends this week that it doesn’t matter if I am 1 of 2 or 1 of 30,000, it is all in God’s hands and totally up to His perfect will! ONLY GOD can bring me a baby girl from China!

So what will I do now? My Social Worker, Beverley keeps in touch and she recently asked if I wanted to try to get a baby girl from Vietnam. I didn’t even have to think about that one. God has put China on my heart, so I have no choice but to wait on my Sweet Angel from China. I must wait for God on this!

I have been doing a Bible study entitled Experiencing God by Henry Blackaby, and it has greatly impacted my life!!! One lesson recently was on God needing to develop our character to match the assignment He has for us. When God called David to be King, it took twelve years for God to prepare him before he ever sat on the throne. On my! I’ve jokingly said God had a lot to do to get me ready to be a Mommy. I know that whatever God’s assignment is for me, He has much character building to do! It is with all of my heart that I yield to Him to change me, mold me, and prepare me for whatever His assignment is – and it is my sincere prayer that His assignment will include being a Mommy. I pray it doesn’t take twelve years. :o)

I believe God has put on my heart to get my Master’s Degree while I wait. If this is not part of God’s assignment, I am asking Him to close the door and redirect me. I am so wanting to be exactly where He needs me to be so I’m trusting Him to get me there! Again, ONLY GOD can give me the wisdom, time, and all that I need to do all of this! ONLY GOD!

I pray God will encourage each of you as you are being prepared for His assignment for you! I pray you will not lose hope as you wait for an answer to a prayer that you’ve been praying for a long time. I pray you will have a new sense of expectancy as you wait for God to open new doors for you!

Wishing each of you a richly blessed Christmas season!

Love,

Gwen

No comments:

Post a Comment