My First Picture

My First Picture
Gillian Suzanne DiBao

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Sweet Angel Email #14

June 26, 2011

Hello! Praying this finds all of you well!

My last update letter was sent July 2009, and now 4 years of waiting on my "Sweet Angel from the East" has passed. But this time... I HAVE GOOD NEWS! :o) Are you ready???????


On Thursday, June 23rd, at 1:45, I received a call from Sarah at CCAI (Chinese Children Adoptions International). Sarah asked if I would be interested in receiving information on a baby girl? Can you imagine my surprise???? It was just an ordinary day when I needed to be studying for my state exam that God SUDDENLY sent me a miracle! (I think God likes to SUDDENLY act in mighty ways. I love reading His Word and seeing the word, "SUDDENLY.") How many times my faith has faltered, my spirit wanted to give up, and all hope seemed lost of my adoption dreams coming true! Even as I write this, my mind wants to doubt...will this really happen??? Yet I must stand on His Word and know that HE IS FAITHFUL!

Sarah sent an email with all the pictures and information that is known about this baby girl at this time. I had to respond within 2 days if I was interested and I responded that day with a resounding, "YES!" I will have to give a definite acceptance within the week - so by Thursday, 6/30, I must hear from the Lord for sure to know if this is really my baby girl and if I am the Mommy God wants for her! I am the only one who has access to her at this time.

This is what I know so far: She is 18 months old and has been described as having a "Bountiful Spirit" in that she loves to laugh, giggle, play with blocks, and play outside. She has beautiful eyes and a precious smile! Her estimated birthdate is October 30, 2009 - my dad's birthday is also October 30th. She was abandoned in a hospital lobby in Dec. 2009. Can you imagine how hard it was for her birth mommy and daddy to give her up? It appears that her parents kept her for two months but knew she had some health issues. They must have loved her so much they wanted to make sure she would be safe and cared for by leaving her at a hospital! (Praying for God's comfort for her parents!!!) She is considered a "special needs" child due to having a bilateral cleft lip and palate. She is also mildly anemic. She has had one surgery to repair her lip but will need surgery again. It is not clear if the palate was repaired or how many surgeries she will need. Otherwise, her information indicates that she is healthy and intelligent. She is currently in an orphanage that is one of CCAI's best. I have to believe that God has had His angels surrounding her and that He has been loving her through the Nannies that have taken care of her. Thanking God for his constant care for this Sweet Angel!!!

There are some areas where I need prayer support please.

  • Because this baby girl has medical issues and is considered a Special Needs child, I have been told by my adoption consultant, Beverley, that I must contact two specific doctors in Dallas to review her medical paperwork before I can accept her. Beverley's concern is that she may need multiple surgeries that I may not be able to provide.

  • I received an email from CCAI on Friday stating that my Immigration paperwork / fingerprints would have to be updated and approved to include a child with special needs. Those of you who remember the trauma I went through last time with my paperwork getting lost, supposedly filed in an offsite storage, and taking almost 9 months to finally be approved, will understand my concern. Updating my paperwork with US Immigration can take months unless God intervenes and grants me favor with all involved pushing it through speedily. God has done this before with my initial dossier arriving in China in record time and He can do it again with this refiling/updating process.

At this point, I am asking God to do what only He can do by opening doors that no man can close and closing doors that no man can open. All that to say, if this is truly HIS WILL, He will keep the door open, move all of this paperwork through quickly, and He will do miracles regarding the health concerns with my Sweet Angel from the East. I so want to believe that this is my Gillian that I have prayed for and dreamed about. My original prayer and reason for wanting to adopt was to provide a home for a child that needs one and this precious baby needs a home and medical care. Father God can do that!

If God allows me to accept this sweet baby girl after hearing the doctor reports, I will confirm with CCAI. I will begin the process of refiling for Immigration approval. Only after all paperwork is approved would I be allowed to travel to China to get her. The thought of her staying in the orphanage one day longer is so very hard! Again, I cling to God's Word where He repeatedly reminds me that HE WILL HASTEN IT AT THE APPOINTED TIME! He has faithfully brought me this far and protected this Sweet Angel, so I choose to trust His perfect timing and plan that always includes His faithfulness!

I do not have email addresses for some friends so you may forward this email to others that would be willing to help me pray.

With sincere thanks for every prayer and for walking with me through this adoption journey!


Gwen





No comments:

Post a Comment