My First Picture

My First Picture
Gillian Suzanne DiBao

Sunday, August 21, 2011

August 20, 2011


The Lord has moved in magnificent ways that clearly display His authority over all things!  So much has happened since my last post that ONLY GOD could have orchestrated in such a timely manner!  I give Him all praise and glory for all that He has done!

On Friday, August 12th (my 2nd day of staff development at work) I received a call from Sheri at the adoption agency to discuss travel times of possibly going to China to get my Gillian on August 24th or 31st.  I was in absolute shock!  From the time of being "matched" with my baby, which was June 23rd, to the time of "travel" is usually 4-6 months and to imagine that I might be able to get my baby girl within the next couple of weeks was beyond my expectations.  There was one slight problem in that my immigration approval had not been received, so I reminded Sheri of my immigration status and that our passports had not been through the Visa stamp process. Sheri hadn't realized this when making the call.  I told her my fingerprint appointment was in Dallas on Monday, August 15th, and from that point it usually takes at least 2-4 weeks or longer to receive my immigration approval.  Sheri said she would make some calls and get back to me.  I heard back from Sheri by the end of the day after she had contacted an officer at the Immigration office in Missouri and there was still hope that I might be able to travel on these dates.  She gave me directions of what to do and who to contact once my fingerprints were completed Monday and the pace of this journey increased immensely.  

On Monday, August 15th, my dad drove me to Dallas and we arrived by 7:30a.m. at the USCIS office.  My fingerprints were completed by 9:00 and then I faxed a copy of the appointment notice to the agency.  At 11:00 a.m. I contacted the Immigration Officer in Missouri and learned that my immigration file had been transferred to an Officer White and would take 24-48 hours to process.  I asked to speak to Officer White and was allowed to leave a message on her voicemail.  Within a few minutes, Officer White returned my call and indicated that she had received my fingerprints from the Dallas office electronically and would fax my immigration approval to the agency in Colorado by 1:00 p.m.  By the end of the day on Monday, I was officially approved to adopt a child with Special Needs and was set to travel!!!!!!!!!!  Even my adoption consultant was amazed at all that had transpired within one day and remarked that this NEVER happens!!!!!  IT IS BEYOND DOUBT THAT ONLY GOD COULD OBTAIN MY IMMIGRATION APPROVAL LETTER WITHIN ONE DAY!!!!!!!  HE GRANTED ME FAVOR WITH ALL OF THESE GOVERNMENT WORKERS!!!  PRAISE THE LORD!!!!!!!!!  On Tuesday, August 16th I received my official invitation from China to travel along with my group assignment!  WHAT AN AMAZING & FAITHFUL FATHER GOD WE HAVE!!!

Since Tuesday, August 16th, Priscilla and I have had our shots for traveling into China and received our passports back with official visa stamps from the Chinese Consulate in Houston. I have requested Family Medical Leave and added Gillian to my health insurance!  There have been lists upon lists of things to do, but what a pleasure and joy to have this miraculous opportunity.  My precious friends and Dad and his wife have really helped!   Dad painted her room and it looks so pretty!  I certainly couldn’t get all of this completed without everyone’s help!!!





A few things I would appreciate prayer for are:


·         All things to fall in place by August 29th when we tentatively leave for China. 

·         God’s continued favor with all officials in China in completing all paperwork to bring Gillian home.

·         God’s protection over Priscilla and me as we go.  Praying God will keep us both healthy and safe.  Asking God to keep our homes, families, and my dog babies safe while we are gone.

·         Asking God to make sure our return flights on September 15th will be on schedule and for us to arrive home in time for Priscilla to rest and be ready for her big trip with her husband planned within 4 days of our return.

·         God’s protection over Gillian and for our bond to grow.  Praying she will feel safe and loved when she is placed in my arms.  Praying for her transition from the orphanage and nannies and all she has known to her new home with me.
I thank you all for every prayer offered on our behalf!!!!!  

Some sweet friends are giving me my first baby shower on Sunday, August 21, 2011.  They have jokingly referred to this as the “911 Emergency Shower” since all of this has happened so incredibly fast!!!  These precious friends took me shopping last Sunday and we registered for baby gifts!  I had no idea what I needed, so they let me push the buggy while they picked out the “must haves” from their experience as mothers.  They had more fun scanning gifts for my registry and I loved every minute!!!!   Asking Father God for special blessings on each friend  that has so lovingly stepped up to help me prepare for Gillian! 




I hope to make another post to the blog before we leave.  Please know how much I appreciate every prayer!!!!!!!!!!!!!









3 comments:

  1. REJOICING WITH YOU, PRECIOUS GWEN!! (btw ... this is Dianne)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is it possible that she has gotten even more adorable!?!? :o) I love sweet Gillian already and cannot wait to meet her. We haven't been able to talk about all the details of how the Lord worked to hasten the process. I had tears reading what He did for you. What an awesome God we serve!! You are continually in my prayers, and I am waiting excitedly to read about your journey WITH Gillian. I am so looking forward to that first picture of her in your arms! I love you, precious friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Dianne and Katherine!!! Thank you for loving my sweet baby girl!!! It won't be long now!!! Praising God!!!

    ReplyDelete