There are times that I feel so excited when I walk in her room that is somewhat empty at this point. Just to think that God may be truly allowing me to be a mom is beyond my comprehension!! God tells us in His Word that children are a blessing from the Lord and I truly am an example of God's blessing!!! I do not deserve and have in no way earned such favor from the Lord! The tears of happiness flow easily these days!
There are other times that I am tempted to walk in the path of "What If...." I am trying to remain in God's Word to hear His voice so that I will recognize His words of hope and promise. Without a doubt, the journey will not be complete when she is placed in my arms, but we will just be turning a corner. I've been told so many times recently that my prayer life will be forever changed and I have only just begun to feel the heart of a mother for her child. Remaining on my knees in prayer before our Father God is a sure and safe place to bring all my concerns knowing that He truly is faithful! I don't know what tomorrow brings, but I choose to thank Him in all things!
My dad is so excited to be a Papa! He is calling, coming over, and ready to help with whatever I need. We moved the clutter from her room, which was my "school room", this past weekend. We are preparing to paint the walls and make it Gillian's room and now the fun begins! I am enclosing a picture of the "before" and will one day post an "after" with hopes it will be a happy place for my baby girl.
I am also including a picture of her first care package! Praying she gets it! I sent a camera with hopes the orphanage will take pictures of her. I also sent pictures of me, family, & friends. I wonder what she will think when she sees me?!?!
With each step closer to Gillian, I have new assignments to complete for China and the adoption agency. I returned an important Travel Packet to CCAI today by FedEx. - I pray for those FedEx drivers I see knowing that they may be carrying someone else's adoption papers! ;o) - I am checking my mail everyday for my approval letter from Immigration and with this, China will be able to send my travel dates. I will keep you posted.
Again, I am sincerely thankful for every prayer, for every friend, and for the love and excitement you have shown as we all wait for Gillian to come home!!!
Much love and prayers to all!
She is BEAUTIFUL!! If you ever need a babysitter, I volunteer. Gillian is a lucky girl. My daughter said she has sweet eyes and is soooo cute and is also in line to babysit.
ReplyDeleteThanks, Sue! I think she is beautiful, too! Can't wait to hold her! Thanks for the babysitting offers! I may need to ask one day.:o)
ReplyDelete